Favourites: Summer Lovin'

Thursday 3 July 2014

Hello lovelies!


So since my photographer has abandoned me for the weekend (she's gone off to Berlin with my other sister and my dad) I thought I'd put together a little favourites post instead. Now I have a few to go through but I've really been loving using these products over the last few weeks or so and they're perfect bits and bobs to stock up on for the sunshine filled months.



1: First up are two pretty little headbands I picked up from River Island. On a hot and sweaty day I don't necessarily want to have the weight of my hair on my neck so I pop it up in a messy bun to keep cool. These trinkets do the job of holding everything in place and making a boring bun more summery.

2: I'm practically glued to my gorgeous Ray Ban Wayfarer sunnies to keep my sensitive eye from watering in the sun and getting damaged. 

3: These two cute bikini tops are from H&M and I think they are flying out of stock at lightening speed. They're wired so there's a bit of support and they fit me really well. Hopefully when I'm in San Francisco (only 2 and a bit weeks left) I'll get some use out of them. 

4: I've been going through a nail varnish craze lately and the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shines in Blueberry and Pink Punch are so bright and summery. I have Blueberry on my toes at the moment and because I have to wear sandals at work so many people have been complimenting me.


5: To keep my skin soft and smooth for fake tanning I've been using the Soap and Glory Flake Away body scrub. It leaves my skin super soft and also smells. so. good.


6: Because I spend about an hour and half on the bus everyday I'm going into work and recently I've decided to get into reading books again, the book 'To Die For. Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?' by journalist Lucy Siegle has taken up permanent residence in my work bag. If you're a shopaholic or just interested in the fashion industry this is a great book to look into. It's all about how fashion industry and fast fashion are affecting the world socially, economically and ecologically. Don't worry it's not some fact laden series of reports, the way it's written is quite gripping and easy to read.

7: After exfoliating I slather a bit of Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea body lotion to moisturise and oh gosh it smells so light and sweet. Not only does it do it's job it also dries in really quickly which is a plus for me who hates waiting for lotions to dry in. A perfect summer body staple.

8: I've recently discovered Burberry's perfume 'Touch' and I've been using it non-stop. It's quite a mature scent so while delicious it's not exactly a summer fragrance. 

9: I'm fairly lazy when it comes to self-tanning because really I couldn't be bothered to even try bronzing my milky white skin. But to take away a bit of light reflecting whiteness the Dove Summer Glow moisturiser with gradual tan is great. I've got in the shade for fair to medium skin and it's not 'orangey' at all. Plus because it's moisturises the skin I find I don't go patchy around my ankles or knees. The smell is not too bad either.

10: I recently paid a visit to the Clarins beauty counter to pick up the Skin Perfecting BB Cream in the shade 00. OMG this is seriously the best BB cream I've ever tried. Not only does it actually suit my fairer skin tone exactly it has great coverage and doesn't give that wet oily look. Packed with antioxidants like green tea extract and SPF 25 the BB cream also evens out the skin tone. 

Take it from someone who wear so little make-up she sometimes forgets to even put on mascara for work this BB cream is so quick and easy to apply.



11: Last but not least the Tony & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray is wonderful for adding a bit of oomph and texture to second day hair. It also has a great smell. I feel like a sun-kissed beach bunny without having to deal with a grain of salt.


Hopefully I've given you a few items to add to your summer shopping basket this year.

Thanks for reading,
Ciara xxx

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER