The Last of LFW SS14

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hello lovelies!

Ok so I know that London Fashion Week is dead and gone and that everyone has jetted off to Paris to check out what chic creations France has to offer but London is still alive for me. Partly because I'm way behind on my reviews and partly because I never want it to end! But bare with me as I attempt to play catch up.

We're kicking it off with the wonderful Matthew Williamson who created this collection with his brand woman in mind. He said that he recognised that the Matthew Williamson woman was no longer a 20 something year old with no scruples  she had matured and grown up and was no living in the real life. That is why this season we were more sophisticated with day time wear, suits, and looks for appropriate for work. However with hand drawn or painted prints, florals and energetic patterns we still didn't lose the classic Williamson vibe.








The Temperley London collection this season was inspired by a holiday to Sicily and features classic south Italian shapes and rich, romantic colours.









Burberry Prorsum celebrated Nottingham lace with some gorgeous pastel and dreamy pencil skirts. Bailey really designed for the functional working women by creating wearable but still feminine and beautiful silhouettes that could be perfectly adapted into a Spring/Summer wardrobe. (If only we had the money!)






 

And of course the one collection I've been dying to see is Erdem however this year the classic very pretty and beautiful 'Erdem' aesthetic was missing. It was replaced by a distinctive tomboy-esque theme with hard edges and a clean slate approach. I still don't feel quite as in love with this collection as I usually would with only hints of femininity here and there but I do applaud Erdem from stray from the comfort zone and branching out. 

 






Sorry for such a late post but I'm playing my 'settling into university' card and saying I'm just adjusting at the moment but I'll be back to normal soon enough!

Thanks for reading,
Ciara xx


All photos sourced from www.style.com

1 comment:

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER