London Fashion Week Part Deux

Sunday 17 February 2013

Hello lovelies!

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Sunday morning I know I am as it is my last day of freedom before I start back to school and the hard work returns. However I shan't let that get me down!


For Day 2 of LFW we started off with Daks who gave us clean and feminine chic. One main element of this collection was the sense of purity given off by the simple cuts of the garments that gave an air of maturity to the collection.

 
 
 


Antipodium was exciting and quizzical featuring brilliant pops of colour and wonderful textures that added to the youthful atmosphere about the clothes.

 
 
 

A little bit of Irish love for Dublin born Orla Kiely who certainly turned to the 60's for inspiration. I've got to say I loved every element of this collection from the bright yellow button down jacket to the vintage chic cardigan.

  
 
 


More Irish love for Dublin based John Rocha who was as elegant and as classic as ever. Even though he had lots of different block colours (always a Rocha feature) the collection still maintained a certain level of refinement and charm that perfectly embodies the John Rocha design.

 
 
 

The whimsical House of Holland did not fail to impress with a slightly retro collection with old school prints and 70's inspired tailoring. Each look had it's own unique style which only further developed the over all theme of the collection.

 
 
 


Over at Issa there was a wonderful embodiment of a 'travelling spirit' as models walked down the runway in wide brimmed hats and dresses flowed freely in exotic patterns.

 
 
 

So they were my ultimate favourite collections from Day 2 however if you're looking for that adventurous London design aesthetic check out Sister by Sibling.

Sister by Sibling was granny chic with a twist this season.
 
 


More as always tomorrow but later on today who is super excited for the live screening of Topshop Unique? I know I am and I'll be racing home from my grandparents to catch it!

Thanks for reading,
Ciara.

All photos from LFW are sourced from londonfashionweek.co.uk

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER